Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Friday, August 10, 2007

YEE-HAW

A few weeks ago the boys attended a Buck-a-Roo Bible Camp for three days. They were so excited about this church, that my husband and I decided to check it out.

So last Sunday we mosey on down a dirt road and park the truck and walk down another dirt road to a barn, which serves as the church. There were fiddlers, guitars and other string instruments but no piano nor was there an organ anywhere to be seen. It was like walkin' into a scene from Gunsmoke.

After we took our seats (in folding metal chairs) an older lady came by and said " Why Paul is that you?" and then proceeded to tell me that I had the sweetest husband. I know I hear this all the time, so much so, that if he does something wrong I am afraid to speak of it for fear that no one will believe me. Anyhow just goes to show it is a small world after all.

The Preacher announces all the upcoming events. Seems this church is big into trail rides, rodeo's and bull riding. So the entry fee per night for riding a steer is 15.00 and my lil one has worked his tail off to make it.

Tonight was Buck A Roo Buck-Out and he rode his very first steer. But he declined to ride it twice. YIPPIE!
He had on full protective gear- a face mask, helmet and chest and rib pads but he hurt his leg a little bit when the steer stepped on him. Its not that bad but it could have been worse. I know what your thinkin' and believe me I did not want him to do this but his friend did it last week and he had to give it a go.

As the sayin' goes Boys will be Boys!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

We have at least a couple of those 'cowboy churches' around here. One in Montgomery and the other in Grangerland, I think (?). I might like to go sometime, one of the cowboy preachers visited a Saturday men's breakfast. That church is really growing!

Mrs. Jim plays the viola and piano. Her brothers plays the trumphet really good.
Mrs. Jim wanted to play the cello but decided when she got too old to lug that thing around it would all be over.
Now she would like to study violin. She does play in our church orchestra at First Baptist Conroe.
When Caleb feels he is ready to play some more, their orchestra welcomes high school kids. But most of the kids just don't have that much extra time it seems.
..

10:46 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

Hey momma, I tagged you for a meme. I hope you can find the time to do it. Luv ya!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home