Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Instruments

We have spent a lot of time searching and researching Instruments.

Christian is going into Band this year and originally he wanted to play the flute. The Band Director decided that he would be better at playing the Trombone. So we looked at new instruments and they cost about $1,000.00 or you can get a slightly used one about $600.00 or a really used one for about $ 400.00. Or you can rent it.

Well Caleb is going into Orchestra this year and he is going to play the Cello. Eventually you will move from a 3/4 to a 1/2 size Cello and these little babies are EXPENSIVE.

I never learned how to play any instrument. I can not read music. I had a friend who took piano lessons and I was very envious of her ability to do so. Years later when my daughter was young and expressed an interest in music, I said "go for it". She played the violin for years and I worked a little extra to pay for private lessons.
Now we work a little extra so the boys can take piano lessons. They have been at it for almost five years now.

Do any of you play an instrument? Or have any knowledge of the Trombone and Cello?

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane Mandy said...

I do not play an instrument, but I think children can really benefit from the experience. Sounds like you agree.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

you're a good mom. Keep up the excellent work.

9:24 PM  
Blogger MommaRia said...

LOVE the cello. My roommate in college was a cello player. FUN instrument. Very relaxing and a nice calming sound when played correctly. I highly recommend it.

Now on trombone....LOL...everybody I know who plays trombone is a bit of a freak. LOL.....seriously. You can spot a trombone player a mile away. MB's first nephrologist was a trombone player. When he told me he played in marching band I said "I bet you played trombone!" he was like "how did you know?" Hehehhee....it's a type of person.

Go for it! MB is taking piano now and in one year will take guitar and then he wants drums.

Music makes math-magicians! Math and music work the same side of the brain.

You are an awesome mom. Let them search out their talents.

BTW, the stepsons here, one plays bass guitar and the other plays saxophone. I used to play bass guitar. Poor daddy, no music past, but boy can he dance!

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home