Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Sound of Music

The Twins had their Annual Piano Recital last night. They pick their own piece to play. Christian played the James Bond Theme song and Caleb played You're a Grande Old Flag

They played very well. When Christian was finished with his performance he took his Cowboy hat off and put it on his chest and bowed before the crowd. He is one little ham. It has been three years of lessons on a weekly basis and I am amazed how far they have come in such a short time. I pray that they continue to enjoy the piano.

Back in my childhood days I had a girlfriend named Donna, we met in third grade and still remain friends. I adored her and envied her life, as it was a much more stable one than my own.

She and her siblings took Piano lessons, which Donna detested. I thought this would be my way to learn, through her. She threw in the towel after a year or so. When her sister played it felt like a creek running through my soul.

I feel this way when the boys play. I felt this way years ago when my lovely daughter played the violin.
Music makes you feel deeply. It stirs things from deep within.

What is your favorite music? And do you play an instrument? I never have, I wish I could read music and play it as well. I think the Saxophone is a Sensual sounding piece all on its own. Think I will end my post on this note...the oven buzzer is sounding. Apple Pie Yum=Yum

12 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

My daughter, now early 30's, took lessons for many years. We never had to remind her to practice. In the 7th grade she asked the vocal music teacher if she could accompany the choir. The instructor was a very demanding woman. It was just what my daughter needed at that point.
Long story short, she's still accompanying the choir, (now all of the choir's) at school. She took organ performance in college and is also our church organist. When she was in high school she played Marilyn and I to sleep almost every night. Man do we miss that.
You're right, when she plays I close my eyes and go to another place.

5:09 AM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

Piano playing cowboys? Wow, you don't get any better than that! It's great to see kids have an interest in music.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

I played Clarinet all through school and played the guitar in highschool..sadly, it's all gone. Been yankering to grab the guitar again thoug, mabye i will...

4:26 PM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

I have never played an instrument and I wish that I could too. I should encourage the boys to play an instrument. Sam has shown some interest in the guitar.

Music makes me feel the same as you. When we lost Annabel I couldn't listen to music again for a long time. Certain songs still make me cry for many reasons. Music is part of our souls.

Take care

Love Catherine xx

4:57 PM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

I've never played an instrument and never realy had the desire to... don't know why. Still, I love music almost all types--it just depends on my mood.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

you're so sweet. They were awesome. I was really glad that you invited me to go.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

cool. musical instruments rock.
I play the clarinet, sax, and ukulele

7:25 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

apple pie, yum
happt mothers day ( from michele)

10:05 AM  
Blogger MommaRia said...

Piano lessons for MB did not pan out this year, but we will try in the late 5's again. I played bass guitar for a couple of years and toyed around with my roommate in colle's cello. LOVED that cello. Still love the emotion it stirs in me.

I took a world music class in college and LOVED the odd music.

LOVE music. MB listens to Vivaldi every night, and has since he was a baby.

hehehe. Stir the water early.

7:18 PM  
Blogger M said...

Owen is taking violin right now and the practices are KILLING me. Maybe they will be better now that we have a box for him to practice on, instead of me freaking that he'll drop the violin and smash it.

The voice is my main instrument, wish that I was better at piano. Practice, practice, practice...

love ya!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Rehoboth beach webcam bittersweet tshirt size 26 linen shirts Affordable lasik eye surgery frederick maryland Customize t shirts chicago fd t-shirts station Breast surgery cost http://www.plus-size-lingerie-0.info/teensintightbras.html braun coffee maker kf400 department store jim thompsons house cooking school perscription vardenafil drug

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home