Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

HOLY TOLEDO!!

The Houston Astro's played a 14 inning game tonight, they broke the long standing tied score and WON the game! A mighty fine game it was...even if it was, a tad bit long- a whopping 4 hours and 48 minutes, it was worth the wait!

The Astro's Player of the game was Dave Borkowski, he sure knows how to pitch, I think it runs in his family. What a memorable and wonderful debut he made tonight. The final score against the Dodgers was 4-3 YIPPIE!!!!

Speaking of baseball
The Twins had a game last night. Caleb hit the ball nearly out of the fence, barely missed going over it, by about 2 feet! Christian made 4 outs, he even ran them down and tagged them out. They are pretty competitive when it comes to baseball.

This year, youth baseball sucks! We have a Coach who has numerous problems. Him and his ex-wife, have three young sons and have been divorced for 4 years. Yet they like to argue and create havoc for one another. And it seems that the pattern they are creating...always falls on Game Day! This time she asked for his car keys, claiming that one of the boys had left something in there. He gave them to her and she left in the car and did not return. Needless to say he could not concentrate on the game or anything else. She informs me last night that it was in her name and he has not paid child support or car payments.

I want my boys on a REAL TEAM! We have waited one whole year for this and it turns out to nothing but an atrocity! The kids are standing around, waiting on the Coach while his life's problems play out continously. There is a single Mom whose son plays on our team (he is raised by Grandma) and she is love with the coach and likes to yell out at her son "Poor baby, come suck Momma's t*tt*e!" How utterly disguisting, I want to jack slap her, for not only humiliating her son, but talking like that in front of the other children. Another boy on the team called the Coach a "stupid ASS" what is up with all this????

I try to stay positive (I know it does not seem that way :() and I tell the boys ...we only have 5 more weeks of this! If they did NOT love baseball, I would yank them out! Too much drama. Too much white trash bullshit!

And just to make certain that they are getting plenty of BB, their sister took them to the High school varsity game and they were mighty impressed.

Sorry guys....I am in a funk! But tomorrow is another day!

9 Comments:

Blogger PinkCat said...

Oh I hope it works out for you. I am sure it will.

Take care

4:46 PM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

It's sad that the parents are usually the trouble-makers. I haven't been to an Astros game in years! I remember loving it as a kid, and want to take Tink. I've been looking into tickets....any advice?

7:06 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Britmum-I hope so, meanwhile I am hangin by the skin of my fingers :) thanks

shpprgrl-I get all of our tickets from MLB.com, once you register they send you emails of special days and discount tickets. There is nothing like going to Minute Maid and getting caught up in the momentum! We love it! I know you and Tink will too!

jaws-Oh my that is bad. She is getting paid to teach and talking on her cell phone during school time is not a fringe benefit. I detest all the drama and b/s that is involved with baseball. The kids are tensed by it. Just 4 more weeks, we will be out of these woods. Both of us!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Tracy S said...

WOOO HOOOO a post about the 'Stros I love it. That game was LONNGGGGG but I agree well worth staying up to finish. There was no way I was going to sleep until that game ended..lol

I hate that yesterday the Reds won and took our title as best in the league.. We are so going to get it back today dangit..lol

Have a great weekend and GO 'STROS!!!!

10:31 AM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

Hey thanks for the tip, I'll check there asap. I'm not really into sports much but I like to watch baseball. Probably because it's the only sport I understand. Baseball uniforms also have a special place in my heart! lol! I just saw an Astros billboard off 45 over the weekend, and I thought we have to do that!

6:48 PM  
Blogger M said...

Did you see the game yesterday? They pulled it out! Go Astros!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

That's awful!!! I hope the coach gets his act together. I know you have lookd forward to baseball season and I would hate if it weren't all that you wanted.

2:53 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

It saddens me that adults so often ruin it for the kids. Fortunately, you seem like the kind of person who always focuses on the positive. Your kids know that, and that will allow them to surmount any challenges that come their way.

Dropped in from Michele's. Go Astros!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home