Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Baseball, Critters and Kids

Things are growing by leaps and bounds around here. It is proving to be a major job to keep up with the grass mowing at three different locations, especially considering we live on acreage and one of the properties is abundant acreage. I don't know about ya'll, but we have to mow every week. YIKES!

The black cat my husband dragged home about a month ago, has given birth to SEVEN baby kitties-4 are black, 1 is mixed and 2 are solid white. Thankfully she is a wonderful mother. Everyone calls us "The Farmer and the Dale" because we are housing numerous critters. Not inside my house mind you, but we have built additional critter habitation.

I am having problems with one of my Twins. I have written a letter to Dr. Phil. He has changed his behavior in the past month. He lashes out, talks back and has become rude and disrespectful. We have tried numerous things including taking things away, forbidding him to play baseball, removing the playstation and lastly spanking him. Needless to say none of it has made much of an impression on him. He did seem upset and even cried because we did not let him participate in his teams last baseball game. I talked to his teacher and the only difference she sees is he likes to play around and talk more, when he should not be. The only temper tantrums she sees is when he is at PE and he shouts and hollers at others, while playing soccer. You see Caleb is the #1 winner at being at being a sorry loser. He takes it personal. Anywho I am looking for solid advice on handling all this, before it goes too far. Yes I am soliciting yours as well.

Did any of you catch the game last night. WOO HOO the Astro's beat the Saint Louis Cardinals!! They will play them again tonight. We will watch the same two teams compete against each other in July, only this time we will be there at Minute Maid. I have purchased tickets for 5 games this summer!

I am in the process of planning our vacation to cover parts of Tennessee, Kentucky and Missouri. We have not had a real vacation in a couple of years now. There seems to be so many things to do in Tennessee. Loretta Lynn has a dude ranch there. Dolly Pardon has an amusement park and don't forget Elvis! :)

Well, the cat is meowing, the dog is scratching and the goat is bellowing...better go tend to the other critters! Ya'll have a nice weekend and GO ASTRO'S!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger PinkCat said...

How old are your twins? Because Sam at 7 went through a horrible stage of being just totally obnoxious and rude. He got a bit better but this past year 9 to 10 has been really tough. He is an A student and awesome at school but just seems to have an attitude with us constantly. We took the t.v., computer and x box away for two months. That seemed to do the trick for us and everytime he mouthed off it was another day added. He has since gotten it back. During his two months he read all the Harry Potter books and realised that there is more to life than the t.v., computer and x box. It does turn the corner eventually and I am sure we have more to come.

Good luck and you can always ask me any questions.

Take care

Catherine xx

8:45 PM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

I hope everything works out ok with your kiddo. It is so worrisome when there's a big change. The good thing is you've recognized something is up and you're working on it.

Sounds like you have a great summer planned...travels and Astros! Wow!

Have a great weekend!

7:47 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Britmum-The Twins are 8, on Aug 1st they will turn 9.

My boys sound like your Sam. They make straight A's and have no problems in school. It is another story here at home.

We made up a list of rules and taped them to their doors. We also took things away as you did and I think it gives them more time to think.

Thanks for your advice and the open door. I appreciate it :O)

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » »

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home