Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Winter Blitz?

I am getting myself all worked up over this Weather that should arrive in two days. I recall the last Winter Blizzard we had back in 1997. It was terribly cold and we were without electricity for over 10 days.

You could not get a room anywhere. It was terrible. I detest cold weather, guess you could call it a side-effect of being a born and bred die-hard Texan. If it gets below 70 I am cold.

In this town if it sleets you lose power. My husband says " You just need to not worry your head about it, ya know how the media is, they blow everything out of proportion"!

I wonder how others in different States are dealing with this onslaught.
Have any of you experienced it? If so please share.

6 Comments:

Blogger MommaRia said...

WHAT.....you are kidding right? We are coming to Robert Lee, Texas very soon and it's gonna snow?? We were promised warm and no snow. LOL
HOw odd it would be that we had to go to Texas for snow.

I'm a little nervous now though. We are flying into Midland/Odessa...how scary should this be???

6:16 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

I just remember when I lived in TX what the called "Blue Northers"...I would go in to work in summer clothes and come out wishing I had a fur coat!!
:-D

12:39 PM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

We are having a cold snap here and I hate it so much. I mean I complain when its a 110 but heck it was 56 in our room this morning. Well I never.... hehehe

Take care and keep us updated xxx

2:58 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

We lived in Friendswood then. Never lost any power or had ice or anything bad.
This might be a first for us but we have been up here seven years plus now.
..

8:17 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

ugh, its been snowing and freezing here...so ready to have it all go away!

10:48 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Fortunately, I have had the 70 degree weather. I really dislike cold & snow. My friend lives in CO and she is buried under a mtn of snow. Thank goodness neither of us lives there!

happy new year!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home