Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The facts of life

A couple of eyeopening true life examples of elementary children -

A fellow student in 4th grade, was sent home for bringing a condom to school. Once caught, he informed the teacher that he stole it from his Dad. He also told her that he had planned on having sex with his girlfriend and did not want her to get pregnant. He had already kissed her the other day and was worried that she may already be pregnant.

A fast moving little girl asked one of my boys to "go out with her". In other words, be her boyfriend. To which my son replied "No, you already have a boyfriend". And she said "No I broke up with J---- because I caught him smoking crack". OK I almost had a stroke when my little boy told me this.

So, son do you know what crack is? "Yes Mom it looks like a rock" "and I also know what weed is, it looks like chopped up grass and dirt". Hmmm Well how do you know this? I WATCH COPS MOM!

The other day I made a new house rule. I pulled all the controllers from the playstations and put them in my closet. I informed the boys that there would be No Video Games played during the school week and only 2 hours on the weekends. They don't like it but they will probably stop wasting precious time zoning out. And spend more time reading. Time will tell. Perhaps I need to do this with the Telly as well.

Now if I could just figure out how to send them to an all boys school where the kids are still kids. What a dream thought!

7 Comments:

Blogger 1 plus twins said...

omg i am just speechless, my oldest is in 4th grade. now i am scared to death.

we do the same thing with the video games. well almost. they are allowed 15 minutes on school nights and 1/2 hr to hour on weekends. i can't say they are reading more but they are using their imaginations more which is really nice to see.

8:48 PM  
Blogger David said...

Reading? Really? I didn't start reading until I was in my late 20's. I always found it boring when I was growing up. But my youngest daughter LOVES to read, no telling how many books she has read already and she is 9.

That freaks me out about the 4th grade kid smoking crack though.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

UNBELIEVABLE! This confirms it. I'M NEVER HAVING KIDS.

5:24 PM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

Wild kids get me. :(

ick!

7:12 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

Hey Miz Tamwill,
I just wanted to stop by and say Hey!!
Loved this post!!
Kids say the darnest things don't they?
:-D

10:58 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Raising kids is such a scary prospect and school seems to intensify the feeling. Little girls are so brazen these days...I was beating them off the stepsons when they were much much younger.

10:58 AM  
Blogger M said...

I'm not sure that an all boys school would be any better. They'd spend all of their time trying the figure out how to get to the girl's school. ;-)

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home