Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Friday, January 19, 2007

Raindrops keep falling on my head. Thankfully the ice has disappeared, though the cold temperatures are still around. The weather is nasty and gloomy here in Conroe, TX.

I know I need to focus on something else. But...I have been stuck indoors for quite some time. I do not drive in wet or freezing conditions, it causes me overwhelming anxiety. Montgomery County is known for bad drivers, whom scare the weebie beegeebies out of me in good driving conditions, much less bad conditions. Huntsville TX the town north of me, reported 44 accidents in one day, due to icy conditions.

Hopefully things will clear up soon. Weather permitting the boys have baseball evaluations on Saturday. We are geared up for baseball, and I am very excited to begin the new season and look forward to watching the Astro's as well.

My sister is missing again. I may post about it one day, it is difficult for my family to watch her go down the path of destruction. I do not know what to do ...Except pray feverently. Drug addiction changes a person in many ways. It is terribly sad.

On a happier note my boys were picked for the Student achievement award. They are the first children to ever receive it at their school. It is given to those who exhibit not only great grades, but excellent citizenship. Students are recognized for demonstration of outstanding character and providing a positive impact on the campus. I am very proud of them. The school superintendent along with a school board member, surprised them at school with the award statue.

Have a great weekend!

10 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Your post evokes many emotions. Victory and defeat all at once. I hope the defeat can be prayed into a victory someday.
Congrats on the kids. THAT is quite an honor.

6:20 AM  
Blogger M said...

How did your soccer season turn out? Did the boys like it? I've been picked to be my sons division coordinator. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I think that I can do a good job with it. :-)

Congrats to the boys! Awesome!

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I hope everything is ok.

I know you're proud of your boys. It sounds like their school is proud of them too!

Stay warm! Rain rain go away!

5:18 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

I have over the top anxiety in ice or snowy weather, so I know just how you feel...although I do have to say they clean the roads up here in Ohio better than say Texas or Ky...so that helps some!!
:-D

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:46 AM  
Blogger M said...

I'm employed now. :-)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Good for your boys!

As to drug addiction, one of my daughters is married to an addict, and she is an enabler...so all we can do is pray, too.

As to Conroe traffic, I remember when I lived in Dallas over 30 years ago, the saying used to be when going from Dallas to Houston, the idiotic drivers came out in Conroe...see it hasn't gotten any better.

It's no longer wet here in Mineral Wells, but it's still cold...

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry about your sister..

Congrats for your boys though, that is awesome. Maybe t hey will grow up to be Houston Astros one day!! That would be awesome.

I wish you would have sent some ice down to us...we were soooo hoping to be stuck indoors for a few days :) That would have meant vacation from work ya know..lol

Come by and check out my snapshots of Berkman, Roy O, Lane, Sampson and Dolan :)

9:19 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Tam -- Well, I'm sorry I've not been keeping up with you.
1. My template crashed and your link wasn't in the one I had saved for recovery;
2. Mema died (I blogged about her and he funeral on Saturday, January 20); and
3. We have been very hectic around here before that and since.

I'm sorry your sister is gone again. I will pray for her and all you guys. Keep us posted.

Don't believe that Souix lady from Mineral Wells. She is just jealous that we have so much better weather, even if it does get a little cold and wet, than we do.

Tell her to slow down when she goes through Montgomery County. It is all those visitors and tourists on their way to Houston that cause our problems. They all want to go in the 80s and 90s on the Interstate and Hwy 59.

I will try to be good for a while now, you do the same.

Oh yes, congrats to the kids and their caring parents on their awards.
..

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home