Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Monday, August 21, 2006

Down in Louisana where the green grass grows....

We had our kin folk get-together. It began on Thursday and ended on Sunday. I almost backed out of going, but changed my mind. My Mother's side of the family is totally different than my Dad's side.

The reunion was held in Louisiana at a resort called Cypress Bend. There was a sign up table in the lobby for activities. There were competitions held in Golf, Fishing and Washers. There was also a fishing tournament held for children only. I thought my boys would win this....but...it was too dang hot for fishing!

Friday night was Karaoke in the bar. Saturday night was a band hired from Nashville called "The Heat". I video-taped them because they were so good, that I think they will be famous one day. There was a night of dancing in the ballroom. We spent most of out time out at the pool. The pool was half indoors and the other half was outside, you could swim under the glass wall to get to the other side. My boys loved it!

There were over 300 relatives there and we occupied the entire resort. This was the best one ever held. It was really nice to see my cousins, Uncles and Aunts. Since Grandma passed away we rarely get together as a whole.

Anyhow, it is nice to be back home!

6 Comments:

Blogger PinkCat said...

Wow that sounds so awesome. That must of been such a wonderful time.

Glad that you had lots of fun.

Take care xx

9:24 AM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

that sounds like so much fun. we stayed at hotel in pittsburgh once that the pool was the same way. the boys loved it!!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Wow, what a family reunion. We only get 50 or 60 folks to ours. It sounded like a wonderful time.
Our pool is the same way. You know, indoor and outdoor. We store it in the garage in the winter and throw it out on the lawn in the summer when the Grandkids come for a visit. :)

4:10 AM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

That pool sounds awesome! Glad you had a great time!

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss having family reunions and I can't wait till my kids and their cousins have kids so we can finally start having them again! Sounds like fun activities!
Here from Michele's!

7:35 AM  
Blogger M said...

Sounds like a great trip. Lovin' the Kareoke!!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home