Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Do you believe in magic?!






What a majical evening here at the Kirby VanBurch magic show in Branson, Missouri. Kirby -The Prince of magic, performs mystifying illusions and has many exotic animals in his show including two very rare Royal White Bengal Tigers.

#1 Kirby was dropped down in a cage on a running motorcycle, that re-appeared on the opposite side of the stage in another cage.

#2 The Twins, Myself, FIL and Step MIL. I thought we were fortunate to have front row tickets...but changed my mind when he appeared with a humingously huge boa constrictor snake around his neck and it hissed at us.

#3 Kirby and his lovely wife Bambi

#4 Mr. & Mrs. Magic with The Twins.

The best part of the show was the ending. The lights were turned out. Kirby held a glow in the dark string. He explained that magic is not REAL it is just an illusion. He shared a story that his Grandma told him about people ande broken dreams (as he tore a piece off the string), broken hope (another piece torn off of string) and broken lives (now he has three pieces of string) but with the Lord Jesus Christ you can be mended and made whole! THEN VOILA the string was all in ONE piece! Of course by this time I was boo-hooing crocodile tears!

He spent his summers here in Conroe , TX with his Grandmother, whom he gave a most inspirational tribute in his closing speech. I adore this fella and if you ever go to Branson do not miss his show! I found this old small story about him, from many years ago...if you have time click the link http://members.aol.com/rojo777/AboutKirby.htm As you can tell pictures really do bring memories close to heart!

15 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Another local boy made good. I take it he is sort of a family friend?
Mrs. Jim and I want to go to Branson again but just haven't made it since 1973. Then it was just a yellow light at the Shell station and a few homes and cabins.
..

11:35 PM  
Blogger MommaRia said...

very cool, on all levels. I am sure the boys loved it too. Did he use them in a trick?

3:55 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Jim- No, this was our first time to meet Kirby. His parents reside in Conroe and are well known. VanBurch obviously is a stage name.

MommaRia-No, we were hoping he would but instead he used Paul in a few tricks and onstage. He also had me assist with a card trick. He termed us "Pollinator & Taminator" hehe

6:20 AM  
Blogger Shooter said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. I am guessing you guys are back because doesn't school start like yesterday?

8:06 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

j-school started today. BTW who are you? huh?

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I'll make you an Astros blinkie! No problem. I'll either email it to you or give you a link to photobucket where you can save it from there. Okay?

Also, you want TamWill on it? post in my comment section for today's Wordless Wednesday if you have time...what you want on it as far as "name" goes.

Happy Wednesday

9:37 AM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

thanks for stopping by. it has been a while. what a fun show. our family would love to see that. how cool to be in the front row and get such great pictures. i too would have hated the snake though, i would have been running for the exits. this guy doesn't travel does he??

9:42 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Wystful-You have made me day! Thanks a bunch :O)

1plusTwins-I am not sure if he travels but I do not thinks so. He has his own Theatre there in Branson. He does travel to the White House and performs for Kings and such. If you ever go to Branson you must see his show. Superb it is!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again Tammy!
Here is your blinkie for the Astros--
Just click on the link and then you can right click and save to add to your blog.
(Blogger will not keep it animated if you upload it to your blog account. You will need a photobucket or your own personal isp account to upload it and save as an animated image!!)

HERE it IS

Let me know when you've saved it so I can delete it from my account.

Hope you like it.

11:35 AM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Wow at brilliant show. Your photos are just so lovely.

Take care xx

4:02 PM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Sounds like you had a blast. I've never been to Branson. It's on my list!

7:35 PM  
Blogger David said...

I like magic too. When we went to Hot Springs they had a GREAT magic show.

Nice Pics!

8:50 PM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

Sounds like fun! I'm sure they enjoyed the pictures!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Good info and a great show it seems. I'll have to take them in.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

Pretty Cool! Bet the kiddo's loved that!

Sorry to hear about your fridge.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home