Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Monday, July 17, 2006

AT-CHOO

I have a summer cold...You know sniffling, sneezing, runny nose. I feel phuney! Hopefully it will not last long, as I have a long list of things to do. Our vacation is just around the corner and I need to wrap some things up.

I took the advice of a friend and checked into timeshare rentals. I never knew that you could book a split level condo (2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 kitchens and TWO jacuzzi) for less than the price of a motel/hotel. It has everything including a washer and dryer for less than $ 70.00 per night! Hot Diggity Dog! Not only is it beautiful, but it is right in the heart of Branson Missouri!

We will be there for about 5 days and then head to Table Rock Lake to stay on my Father-in-Laws houseboat. I am not as excited about this as the boys are. All I know about the boat is it has a/c and satellite. The guys want to fish a day or two. I guess I will either read or do a little shopping. School days are just around the corner! OMG where did the summer go?

I am so heartsick of all the turmoil going on in the East. Seems Israel is always being attacked on some level. From Saddam Hussein sending those scud missiles over there, now the Palestinians kidnapping their guards....I pray to God that this is not going to be World War III. I am praying ferverently for peace over there.

I was watching CNN this morning and seems everyone is making a big deal over a little four-letter word "SHIT"! Seems the microphone was on during a conversation between Bush and Tony Blair and George W said "Shit". I think it is hilariously funny. Nothing to get upset about he is only human and I happen to like the word myself. I prefer "Oh shit" or Awe Shit. Either way it is a lot better word than the other four letter word.

I think people should focus on the sufferings of the innocent children on both sides of this battle than what the President is saying.

On a happier note: The Astro's have a new player named Aubrey Huff. I think he is a positive addition to our baseball team. During times of war and depression nothing cheers me up as much as good ol' baseball game!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

I'm not a big fan of our president, but i'm with you on the stupid airplay over a cuss word. I'd like to shake up the press sometimes and say, "Focus people! FOCUS"
sigh.

Hey, thanks for visiting!

11:37 AM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Hey I hope you feel better soon.

Your holiday sounds fab. How long are you going for?

It is very sad the shit that is going on in the Middle East.

Take care xx

8:13 PM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

It's exciting that you are updating on your vacation. You got a great deal on your timeshare. We did something similar when we were in Branson and it was great and much cheaper considering we had another couple. I could never be the president because Sh*t is my word of choice. When I need a word, it comes to mind. Never fail. I hope that your summer cold gets beter. They are the worst. Hang in there and enjoy!

8:17 PM  
Blogger M said...

You know, the other countries and news media always refer to him as a "cowboy". What else did they EXPECT him to say????

Goobers...

8:46 PM  
Blogger David said...

Shit I hate summer colds. You start to sneeze and next thing you know you are sweating like crazy.

7:10 PM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

Long time no see! I hope everything is ok on your end!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Tracy S said...

What is that saying.. Let those without sin cast the first stone? I wonder how many people that are causing a stink say SHIT daily???? I bet the majority..lol

I hope you are feeling better and I am with you praying for victory for Isreal.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home