Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Re-Run worth Repeating :O)

"IT'S SO HOT IN TEXAS THAT..."

"The birds have to use pot holders to pull worms out of the ground.

The potatoes cook underground and all you have to do to have lunch is topull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.

Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from layinghard-boiled eggs.

I went out to check on my Pig and all I found was a slab of bacon.

IT'S SO DRY IN TEXAS THAT...

"The cows are giving evaporated milk.

The trees are whistling for the dogs.

A sad Texan once prayed, "I wish it would rain - not so much for me,cuz I'veseen it - but for my 7-year old."

A visitor to Texas once asked, "Does it ever rain out here?"A rancher quickly answered, "Yes, it does.
Do you remember that part in theBible where it rained for 40 days and 40 nights?"
The visitor replied, "Yes, I'm familiar with Noah's flood."
"Well," said the rancher puffed up, "we got about two and a half inches ofthat."

"YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN TEXAS WHEN...

"You no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water.

You can say 110 degrees without fainting.

You eat hot chilies to cool your mouth off.

You can make instant sun tea.

You learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron.

When the temperature drops below 95, you feel a bit chilly.

You discover that in July, it takes only 2 fingers to drive your car.

You discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window.

You notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead ofdistance.

Hot water now comes out of both taps.

It's noon in July, the kids are on summer vacation, and not one person isout on the streets.

You actually burn your hand opening the car door.

You break a sweat the instant you step outside and it's only 7:30 am.

No one would dream of putting vinyl upholstery in a car or not having airconditioning.
Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end uplying on the pavement and cook to death?"

You realize asphalt has a liquid state.

How hot is it where you live? Whew-We!

10 Comments:

Blogger PinkCat said...

Oh my that is so funny and I am guessing that applies to here too.

I am fed up with the heat now and wish it was cooler. I already feel the difference when the temp drops. How weird to say oh its cool today when its 104. LOL

Take care sweetie xxx

1:38 PM  
Blogger David said...

Sounds just like Louisiana!
Worked in my yard at 7:30pm tonight and was sweating like nobody's business! Oh, and it was dark so can't blame it on the sun.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

funny stuff right there. We've had a couple of weeks of scorching weather and I'm tired of it. Very tired of it.

6:15 AM  
Blogger MommaRia said...

so i read this article about a woman who baked cookies on her dashboard in the 95+ degree heat...
think they will cook faster on the dash in your car??

I'm really going to try this. I'm intrigued.

LOL

HOpe it cools down soon. we have been HOTTTT in TN too

7:12 PM  
Blogger M said...

110 degrees. Nope, didn't faint... I do thank God for a/c though. There would be no living down here without it.

Does school start for y'all this week or monday?

12:07 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

MHN- School starts next Wednesday August 16th, here. The Twins are real excited about 4th grade.

Yeah I do not know how people lived without A/C back in the good ol' days :)

12:15 PM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

It's the same hot where I live. I'm ready for a break. Snow would be nice right about now!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Tracy S said...

LOL too funny. Although I WISH it was dry here on the coast of Texas... the humidity is suffocating at times.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window."

or through you sunroof. I burned the part in my hair a few weekends ago with the sunroof open. Ouch!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home