Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Busy Boys

My little guys are very excited about their boy scout troop. They keep thanking me for taking them and being so involved. I really like this den that they are part of.

Years ago I was a brownie troop leader for my daughters troop. She was a girl scout for many, many years. Unbelievably in all my years I have yet to go "Camping". It has never appealed to me. I don't like bugs, ticks, mosquitos, lizards, bees, snakes or rodents and roughing it is too rough for my delicate skin ;). I also like a nice soft bed with fine sheets.
But now after all these years, I am wondering if I might like it.

The troop has a 3 day camp scheduled in October and I am seriously considering it. The boys do all the cooking on an open fire (the adults build it). The boys also pitch all the tents. They have showers and restrooms so it is a functionable camp. If the hubby can get off from work we will probably go on this adventure. He loves camping and can teach me the ropes.

The boys are practicing everyday for their 2nd annual Piano recital. And next week we begin our very 1st soccer season. I don't really understand soccer, but they really want to try it. They keep telling me that they want to try every sport there is.
So they want to play golf and tennis as well.

Thankfully, they insist that Spring time is reserved for Baseball ONLY!

Speaking of baseball...did ya'll see the Astro's vs Pirates game today? We swept them! Beat their Ca-Hooties! Yippie Ya Yo!! 3 more games to go!

Sorry guys but I am so lovin' it! Life without baseball is boring.

9 Comments:

Blogger PinkCat said...

Go for it and let me know... I am not sure about camping. Sounds like lots of fun but then the bugs and creatures pop into my head. I am a big scaredy cat.

Take care xx

4:05 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

Hidy!!!
Just returning your visit...
I hate camping myself...now if I had one of those big, fine fancy mobile homes that would be different, but all of the comforts of home isn't really camping is it?
;-D

5:21 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Holiday INN Express has nice camping facilities.
I'm with the boys on baseball and the golf. The golf can last a lifetime. Have fun camping.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Camping isn't my thing either. I went once with Webloes. Good thing all I had to do was to be there.
Astros just couldn't maintain that pace. It's pretty tough after tonight.
..

10:21 PM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

It's a great organization for them to be in. They'll have great fun. I've never been a good camper for all the reasons you listed! :)

Go 'stros!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

It sounds like you have a lovely family filled with lots of fun.

7:41 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

camping...ewwww. I have nightmares about the camping trips my mother dragged us on. Just make sure you have a waterproof tent, Skin-so-soft spray, and a huge cooler of chocolate martinis...it will make it go a lot faster.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

I think it's great that the boys stay so busy. How do YOU do it?

6:00 PM  
Blogger David said...

Now that sounds like a blast! Camping in the woods and having a great time in the outdoors. Who knows, maybe you will love camping!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home