Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Celebrating the big 8-0!

Today is my Granny's 80th Birthday! My sweet lil dear Granny. She stands all of 4'11 and looks like a little angel. I went over to visit her and took her out to lunch. As usual she grabbed her jacket...yes I know it is in the 90's but if the breeze moves she gets goose bumps.

She is truly a one-of-a kind person. I have never seen her sip alchohol, smoke, say a cuss word or even tell a lie. She refuses to even tell a little white-lie. For example the phone rings, do not ask her to tell that person that you are not there. No way will she lie for you.

She has never drove a car in her entire life. She lived in the Heights near downtown Houston and took the bus to business college, then later took the bus to her job as Secretary to the Chief of Police in Houston. She later worked with then Mayor Kathy Whitmire. After 25 years of service she retired. She still writes all her household notes in shorthand and reads 2-3 books a week.

She woke up this morning and walked a few miles. This little lady is something else. I thank the Lord above for blessing my life with her. She is my favorite person in the whole wide world.

I always ask the Lord when I pray "Just let her live at least 5 more years"! Today at lunch she told me "You know I never thought I would live to see 80, but now I look forward to 90!" You go Granny :O)

The only sad thing about her birthday is that she married the day after it...so tomorrow would be her 63rd anniversary. My Grandpa died almost two years ago. I miss him. And I am glad that he went before her, because if it would have been her first, he would have grieved himself to death. I worried that she would , but she is very strong.

She has 5 Grandchildren, I am the first born. I am also the only one with brown eyes. My family is German, fair haired and blue-eyed. All of my siblings have blondish hair with blue eyes. From the time my Mother announced her pregancy, my Granny prayed feverently for a brown haired, brown-eyed Grandaughter and that is just what she got. I felt cheated, everyone loves blue eyes....Well, everyone except my Granny!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!
..
Hi Neighbor

We've been pretty busy around here too, but I did squeeze in a post most days. Sure didn't get everyone read though.

We were in Louisiana just about the time you got back. It was a trip to Cajun Country [Mrs. Jim is French from there, not Cajun].

We visited and stayed one night with a cousin in Baton Rouge.
Then we stayed at the Madewood Plantation in Napoleonville. There are several day's pictures from Sept 1 to Sept 5 and again today.
That's www.Madewood.com

Mrs. Jim's Mother, Mema, lives in Conroe at the Havenwood Place on Havenwood Street. That's over by the Ford dealer, the first set of one story apartments.

They are for age 50 and above.
..

10:36 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

I think it's great your so close. Both sets of mine passed early in my life. So you're her little brown eyed angel...she deserves one

4:19 PM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

That's a nice story. She's led a busy 80!

6:55 PM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Like you my Gran is my favorite person in the whole world. Aren't they just the most amazing people.

Happy Birthday to your Granny.

Lots of love xx

10:02 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

happy birthday to your gran!!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Happy birthday to granny. What a treat she is. Wow,,,61 years together. That is sooo neat.
About the eyes, I have blue eyes but I married a girl with dark brown eyes. My preference. Not everyone prefers blue.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

so sweet and so true!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home