Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Friday, September 22, 2006

A Creature is Stirring!!

Awhile back my husband built a barn. After that we accumulated some critters. So, the barn proved a great place to store grain and feed. Right?

WRONG! A few weeks ago my husband asked me to come out back, so that he could show me something. I went with him to the barn, where he points his finger to the seat on a fat-boy mini-bike. So? Look Closer he instructed. Eeewie what is that?

I think it urine and feces from a RAT! Yikes! I have been bothered ever since. We have set out POUNDS of poison, bars and bars and boxes upon boxes of poison pellets! We do it EVERY day and SOMETHING is still eating this stuff like it is candy!

Today we set traps. I am wondering if it racoons or possums or an entire family of rats! It gives me the weebie-jeebies Yuck!

I have lived here a long time....21 years and I have never seen a rat or a mouse or any rodents! I know they are out there in the woods, but jiminy-cricket this is not that farfrommyhouse!!!

My cat is on welfare and unable to work. Just lays around meowing for a free hand-out! Too busy sleeping and eating to chase a dad-gum rat away. Hmmph! I am removing all snacks and tid=bits from her menu.

I think it is funny(NOT!) that the bars we bought from the feed store are called "Just One Bite". They should change that to "Just one MORE bite!" Because whatever is out there, returns nightly for another stomach full of the scrumptious poison bar.

To be continued....... :(

6 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Hi Neighbor -- Maybe you can get one (more likely a few) of those electronic varmint scare machines. That way the poor little things could live in peace, just not in your barn.
I'll be watching to see what happens next!
..

10:08 PM  
Blogger David said...

In a house we lived in years ago I noticed a couple of holes going in under our slab. I finally found out they were rat holes. I took my water hose and flooded it to where it had water coming out of everywhere. Sat there with my .22 right in the middle of town, but no rats came out. I took some of those pellets and put it right by the hole turned the lights out and within an hour the box had been pulled down to where I could barely get it to pull it out. The next day there were dead WET rats in my yard. Must have been 5 or more of them. The pellets usually work. When they drink it kills them.

4:41 AM  
Blogger MommaRia said...

a good water source will stop the magic poison bars from working if it is typical rat poison. If you are baiting with warafin, it's the same thing as Coumadin, a blood thinning drug (in fact, it is the generic) the concept, they eat it, they bleed out internally...they die.

If there is a handy water source, for some reason in a stinking nasty rat but not a human, the warafin does not work. SOOOOoooo

remove excessive or un-necessary water sources and try your bait again....

and the gun Idea works well too.

5:00 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I still say why be cruel and kill these poor unlucky guys, there are millions of them around going Scott free.
Just make them leave.
..

3:02 PM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

awwww rats! :)

5:18 PM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Oh my I hope you get rid of them old varmits (is that how you say it lol) from your barn.

Good luck and glad its not me. Yuck yuck yuck!!!

Take care xx

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home