Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Critter thoughts

I've been thinking alot about life, the hand we are dealt and the paths we go down, the turns we make and the dead end roads that we sometimes stay on for way too long.

As I have gotten older, I have come to understand many things that were confusing in my youth. I know that mistakes can make you wiser, especially if you take the time to learn from them. I know that harsh words, spoken in haste or a moment of anger, can never be retrieved. I know that there is NO differential status quo in drugs, whatever your drug of choice is. A pot smoker is no higher class than a crack addict...it is simply addiction.

I know that a dead tree will not bear fruit and I believe people are like trees. I think people place little value on their roles in the family. I think it is most important that people strive to be a good role model, not only for your children, but your nephews, nieces, your childrens friends and even your own friends. Everyone needs someone to look up to. I think people either contribute or contaminate.

No matter how much I love someone, I forbid them to pollute or contaminate my children or myself. Years ago, I would just allow it or accept that it was the way it was. Today I know that I have a choice in which scenery my life plays out on.
We affect generations to come with the decisions that we make today.

I know that even though life is hard, God wants us to be a winner and not a whiner. It is during the tough times of life that we find out what we're really made of.

Don't worry about the things you cannot change. I struggle with this statement or should I say I really worry about things that I have no control over. I want to worry less and smile more. Don't You?

Well lets do it!!

18 Comments:

Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

I'm right there with you!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

I really do hope that you will be able to worry less and smile more. Besides, you are beautiful when you do. Also, A smile is the only thing that you can give away and gain at the same time. When you are worried, pray about it and that will calm your heart.

10:01 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

TXIvy-I aspire to be more like you, less worry = easier life, now I need directions...just kiddin'

I'm in Cowboy heaven ;)

JustHelp-thanks and glad you stop by to visit me :)

my baby gurl-thanks for the pearls of wisdom and I love you dearly! P.s. thanks for the compliment you know they are catnip for me...i eat it up :)

9:46 AM  
Blogger David said...

Once again a beautiful post :)

10:08 AM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Words of wisdom... I read your post twice. Thanks!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Words of wisdom... I read your post twice. Thanks!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

And I commented twice.. wow!

2:18 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

David-I worry sometimes that my post are too serious and not humorous enough (in person I am humorous) I usually write what I am thinking...call it free counseling and I really appreciate your feedback ALOT!

Diane-I am glad that I can share with you because you always give words of wisdom to me on your blog.
You are the blogger I talk about. I love sharing your experiences with the people I know and love.

10:07 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks for posting that, Tammy. I've been struggling too, but with different circumstances, but it's all struggle. Thanks for the lift up. :-)

7:31 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

VERY,,,VERY nice, sorry I am here late. I love it! and I would like to add, Everything in life is a choice, A God given choice. Some forget that. have a great weekend!!

1:03 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

mhn- I know that joy is just around the corner for us!

JAM-Right on Moma! ;)

1:16 PM  
Blogger MommaRia said...

Get out of my head woman! LOL

Going through some personal stuff over here...sounds like you are "taking care of mom" on your end.

Praying joy comes in the morning.

7:20 AM  
Blogger David said...

Well I think you are very humorous! Like last halloween when you dressed up and did that thing. Remember? Oh yeah that was wicked! LOL

1:03 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Mommaria-Thanks Sweetie and I pray the same thing for you :)

David-Oh how could I forget! Ssshhh;)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I hope your sister is doing well, I've been praying for her.

9:51 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

bpPrincess-She had a rough patch, but she is doing very well right now. She has a tough schedule that begins at six in the morning and finishes around nine in the evening. She will need to stay longer than we originally thought, but she is willing to do that.

You are so sweet to think of her and pray for her. Thank you very much dear!

7:36 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Tam! Joy is just around the corner. I'm feeling it already. Now it is your turn. much love and affection to you and yours! m.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home