Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Monday, January 09, 2006

Even tough cookies....crumble

My lil sister is one tough cookie, she stands tall even though she is a little bitty thing. She is petite like my Mother.

I am the tall long legged one, almost as tall as my brothers. All of my siblings were blessed with blond (almost white) hair and blue eyes. I got the brown all the way around.

Lori was the tomboy who liked to kick ass. If you crossed her, she would just haul off and pop you in the jaw. Never mind she is a little bitty thing, still buys her clothes in the junior department and wears a size zero or two at the most. Her first response to any trouble is to kick ass. I have seen her take on more than one person...usually a girl her age and then the girl's angry mother.

She does not fight like that anymore, but she is still tough. But the cookie has crumbled and I walk the floors worried about my baby sissy.

She holds everything inside and rarely lets herself become vulnerable. She hides stuff. And for the past few years she disapears. No one hears from her for days.
She disapeared two days after Christmas and 4 days later called crying frantically for help.

I thank God above for keeping her alive. I curse crack cocaine.

Today she is entering a treatment facility. She wants help and needs it. I hope and pray that Jolimar is the right place for her. She is 37 years old and can not keep going down this path. Thankfully, God allows us the ability to make U-turns.

I wondered (and still do) if posting about this is the right thing to do. I would never want to hurt her or invade her privacy. I know that God has some angels out here in blogland that not only give support when needed, but also pray, and she needs it.

14 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I hope things get better for your sister. I don't personally think it was a bad idea to post, I think it shows how much she means to you.

1:40 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

David-I really hope so to. Thanks for your feedback :)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

It helped me a lot to read a different point of view in your comment you left on my blog. I will definetly pray for your sister.

:* Princess

4:11 PM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

I too found your blog from justamom and since I'm in Texas as well, I thought I'd wonder on over here and check it out. I am an only child, so I can't say I can relate to the worries of siblings. However, I can only imagine how difficult it must be to watch this going on. I pray that everything will turn out well and that your sister gets the help she so desperately needs.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

I agree with David that posting wasn't a bad idea. You never know who might beneft from reading real life accounts. I'll be thinking of your little sis. She sounds like a fighter and this will help her get through it all.

4:18 AM  
Blogger Jacob Spradlin said...

I will keep your little sister in my prayers.

1:11 PM  
Blogger M said...

I feel your pain. My older sister was an addict too. Hopefully your sisters journey won't take as long as my sisters' did. I'll be praying for her.

1:18 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Bipolar Princess, Justhelpme, Sumkindaprincess, Diane, Zippy, Mhn

I want to thank all of you for your heartfelt comments and prayers!
Addiction is tough, sometimes a life sentence...your prayers are more precious than gold:) Thanks blog buddies!

10:36 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

sorry to hear about your sister - buut glad she is in treatment, will pray for her tonight

6:29 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

shannon-I really appreciate it and you are a dear :)

David-Yeah I feel some relief knowing she is IN treatment! Thanks for your thoughtfullness and for stopping in to visit :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

Hey there I am praying rigt alone with ya. Sorry it has been a while. I'll check in more often.

9:07 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

JAM- I really appreciate it sweetie, thanx a bunch :O)

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Levitra kaufen Link popularity promotion seo site site submission submitpro Smallcraft boating on lake superior sherrill furniture hickory Electric water heater 2 inch connections cowboy gay vid What are the side affects to effexor xr aggregatorcaptiondebug aggregatorquerydebug nocache xenical big tits castle The rings strategy battle Golf stephanie sparks Janes dog house complaints about ultracet Penn & teller + anal waxing Breast enhancement top resource

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home