Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Mama Hen

Mama & Daddy had four children, girl, boy, girl and boy...I am the oldest. I am the reason they were married in the first place. And I was the happiest one when they divorced.

I was 10 years old. Dad won custody of my sister and me. Back in those days ( I'm not ancient) if a woman was having an affair or shacking up (as it was called) then a man had grounds to fight and possibly win. My Dad wanted all of his children, but he bargained with Mom and told her that he did not want his girls to grow up seeing things that were morally incorrect.

Dad was straight as arrow and loved very few things...his Mama, his Daddy, his children, our Mother and Jim Beam. Some things never change.

Mom liked to party. Usually 6 nights a week, so most of the time we would fend for ourselves. My parents were young and dumb when it came to parenting skills. I do not blame them or hold a grudge. I really think I learned alot from their mistakes.

I became the Mama Hen to my siblings. I cleaned, cooked and even drove my own car, at the age of 13, to do the grocery shopping. I did not stick around long though. I pulled up stakes at the age of 15 and ran away, all over the country. I eventually ended my journey in Las Vegas, made a phone call and let the folks know that I was fine and would return on my own terms, meaning not under their thumb or their rules.

After I left home, my parents tried to get their act together where the rest of the children were concerned.

The original reason for this post is my little sister Lori Sue. I love her with all my heart! I will try to complete this tomorrow. Bear with me.

To be continued....

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Wow..

1:37 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Shannon-I like your analogy! Very true, as the song states...only the strong survive and I think there are lots of survivors in this world :) gotta go check out your blog! thanx for commenting

David :) you always make me smile

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read camping gear Eaton dishwasher part accutane after before photo Nexium medicine grow hair accutane Mercedes benz a 160 lwb side impact protection pay pal buy zyrtec Jacqueline kennedy onasis cancer Web page design more

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home