Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Just Wondering....

Its just 11 more days until Christmas and I still have not made up my mind.
What am I going to prepare for dinner? I do NOT want the traditional turkey and dressing. We just had that a month ago. Yet it does not seem right to do otherwise.
I would like mexican food or seafood...anything rather than the norm.
I have all my ducks in a row, except the contents of our meal.

Tomorrow I will be an elf, helping Santa pass out stuff to all the students at school. Friday, I will somehow divide myself between the Twins classrooms and prepare for their "Winter Holiday" party.

Today I have an auction to do (Twin A gets tokens, for my contribution) And it seems more desirable to me than the Jingle Bell Run that I participated in last week, outside in 32 degree weather. I felt like Forrest Gump, the boys yelling at me as they passed me by "Run Mama Run!"

Then I need to make up gift bags for all the boys classmates. I had a bunch of pencils printed up "Happy Birthday Jesus" and more that say "Merry Christmas! With Love, Caleb & Christian.

The Twins will be singing on stage at church again this weekend. They chose "Away in a Manger". Which happens to be one of my favorite Christmas songs.

Anyway, I am still wondering what's for dinner. What do you have or what would you want other than the traditional turkery?

5 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Well I am not crazy about turkey anyway so we usually have a good slow cooked ham. We also have the small game hens and dressing and stuff like that. A big thing around here is called a Turducken. The turducken is a boneless turkey with a boneless chicken and a boneless duck inside it with dressing inbetween each layer. If you have never had one, you should try it. Also stuffed chickens are a nice alternative, they are GREAT. Here is a link to show you.

http://www.cajunspecialtymeats.com/

5:30 AM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

I'd go Italian with lots of red sause, You could always through a salmon or shrimp cocktail in. If you make a salad, you'd have a red and green theme for your dinner!

6:54 PM  
Blogger MommaRia said...

We normally do the ham and Lasagna (secret recipe) for Christmas, but this year, turf and surf baby! Steaks and seafood....well, actually, no seafood too many allergies in the family. We will probably give in to Lasagna and steak. Yumm. The joys of the south, I can grill in winter (um...so can you right!)

5:49 AM  
Blogger M said...

I have a great recipe for Shrimp Fra Diavlo & Lemon Spaghetti if you would like for me to e-mail them to you.

5:58 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

David-I looked up the website and I am going to pass it along to my husband...I think he would love it, me I am not a big meat person...I like one thin slice on my sandwhich where he likes about 10, so I think he would love the Turducken :)

Diane-Italian sounds great, are you willing to leave China and come over and show me how to cook it?? :)

Mommaria-I thought of steak too..hmm decisions decisions

Mhn-O please pass them along! I would appreciate it :) Thanks gurl!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home