Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Friday, February 08, 2008

De-Stressing

Things have been going haywire around here....but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Oh yeah sweet Jesus!

A few weeks ago, upon returning home from church service, I check my answering machine and have a message from my MIL. She just blurted " Hey I am coming for a visit on Feb 1st, I will be staying for 4 days. I have already made my flight arrangements and Chris and his wife will be coming the same day".

I was a bit peeved! No conversation, just an announcement. I don't fly like that. But OK I kicked into getting stuff done and believe me I worked and worked to get everything just right. I even hired some help. I did not want a repeat of my MIL last visit....she was scrubbing the bottoms of my pans.

I think I am a pretty clean person, but I am nothing like her. When we went to Padre on vacation I found that out. We brought in bags of groceries and before we could put them away in the pantry, she had to wash all of the cans, bread bag, milk container down with bleach water. "Ya never know how many hands touched this". Um Ok.
She even washed some of the walls (rented condo) down with bleach water. This is not a vacation thing to do....not my bag.

Well she came and before she had arrived she had made all the plans and done all the inviting for a dinner party....here at my house. She has done this for 10 yrs now.

She left on Monday and on Tuesday morning we had to be at St Luke's Hospital, My dear sweet Granny age 82 had to have open heart surgery to replace her Aoreta valve. Thankfully, she is doing very well. She was finally moved to a private room last night. Seems all the hospitals around here are full with flu and pneumonia patients. On Wednesday one of my Twins began running fever. He is doing much better, but I am still stuck at home. I really want to go visit my Granny. She is such a strong little Lady. That little Twin hospital bed really swallows her up. All the nurses thought we were pulling their legs, "No way she does not look 82 yrs old"!

Well we are truly blessed that all is well with her.

Hopefully I will get around to everyone's blogs in the near future...until then...have a blessed weekend!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that your twins and your granny are doing better!! All I have to say is WHOA to the MIL... I thought I was weird about germs. she takes the cake..lol I bet you are glad it is all over..

Thanks for stopping by and for the prayers!! It was good to see ya.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

hmmmmm. It's been a awhile since you posted but I'm glad you did. You never told me that weird stuff about Mary Anne. That's a little over board. Love ya!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Wow. You have had a lot going on. Glad everyone is doing better!

3:33 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

I love this blog by shamelessly sassy. She posted about crazy relatives and I thought you would enjoy it. Also scroll down to see her post about having a redhead. She's a cool lady and I love her blog.

http://shamelesslysassy.com/

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home