Name:
Location: Conroe, TEXAS, United States

I have a passion for reading and for Roger Clemens, pitcher for the Houston Astros! I know that the Lord is always with me and my Granny is my favorite person! Paul David is the best hubby and gift from God. I enjoy watching birds and squirrels and appreciating the great wonders that the Lord provides! My Twins hold the key to my heart! What more could a woman want?

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!!!!!

We had a wonderful Christmas around here, I hope all of you did as well.

We had the customary Cabbage and Black-eyed peas on New Years Day. It is supposed to bring you good luck and good fortune....I dunno about that, I feel blessed already!

As for New Year's resolutions, I don't really have any. I made a vow last October to lose weight and I have. I hope to lose the remaining 20 pounds in 7 months, by my birthday. I threw my low-fat diet to the wind over the Christmas Holidays. But thankfully and unbelievably I only gained 1 pound over the holidays. Believe me I indulged and it was fun.

The Twins were ready to head back to school today, but none was as anxious as I. The house is so peaceful and tranquil that I feel like I have excaped to another planet. I am soaking it in....solitude at last! Well for a few more hours anyhow.

Paul starts his new position on Saturday. He is so very nervous about this, but I know he can do it.

Looks like 2008 is going to be different already. Change is good!

So tell me, did you make any New Years resolutions?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Hi Tam, I' glad to see you made it through the holidays ok!
And congratulations on Paul's new position! That is super great and he knows he can do it too, he just wants to do it as well as he can do.
You New Years food fare sounds traditional. Mrs. Jim cooked up those things too! Well, she made the cabbage, I did beans from the can this year.
She has been feeling punky for two weeks now. She is determined she is good enough to go into Conroe today to do the orchestra music for Sunday. I'll chaufer. She probably won't play (viola) though.
Happy New Year! And to the whole family, Happy New Year!
..

7:49 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

My New Years resolution is to love you more. J/K! Hold could I love you anymore than I do? That's impossible. You're one very loved lady, Mrs. Popularity.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Resolutions? I'm agin anything that might require,,well you know, effort on my part. I'm glad you're still kickin and still blessed. So am I.
Happy New Year.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Happy New Years (belated)! Good luck with your resolutions and Paul's new job!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home